Archive for October, 2010
Wednesday, October 27th, 2010
The weather has been up and down during October, but there have been a few days when the sun has been shining and the wind has been light. Once we get into November we start running our standby system where we only plan flights with two or three days notice, when we know the weather forecast is good. That way it avoids lots of disappointment when the weather isn’t right. Cold, bright, crisp Autumn days can be fabulous for ballooning.
Monday, October 25th, 2010
We have all been on standby since the 1st October to take part in a record attempt for 75 balloons to fly across the channel. As yet the weather and wind direction have not been right. We have had a couple of times when we thought it may happen but the weather patterns have been changing quite quickly. We are on standby until the end of the month but at the moment the wind and weather doesn’t look like we will be going before the 31st. We are hoping that the organisers will extend to period into November to enable the flight to go ahead.